Monday 4 March 2013

Succulent chicken thighs with lemon, soy and thyme






I hate being alone.  Yet, the very worst thing about being alone is eating alone. The idea of cooking for one brings such sadness to my face that I sit on google and ask him/her a variety of different questions until I make myself a massive hot chocolate and eat a hundred gram chocolate bar to myself.  Today, with no one being home I knew the dreaded moment was to happen when I left the library on a sunday evening to eat alone...

"Wait a second, you bought boneless chicken thighs this morning," my conscious thought reminded me which made my culinary imagination run wild.

I remembered a delicious chicken dish my mum had made last time I was home so I decided to give her a quick ring to see if this could be adapted to chicken thighs.  After the phone call, I found out that it could.  


This is not just an ordinary chicken recipe.  This is the quickest, most succulent, most flavoursome chicken recipe you can make.  That is what M&S would say if he were selling them to you.  

But I'm just going to tell you to make it.  Because it's delicious.  And quick.  And great for one.  But also great for more than one.  If you have friends.  

When you're alone, there could not be anything simpler.  Ok, I will share the secrets of this delicious chicken.  Did I mention it was really flavoursome?  

Make this now.  You will need (for one portion):

one chicken thigh/ breast
olive oil
juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons soy sauce
pepper

(Double/ triple the recipe as you need)


Start by putting some plain flour on a plate:




Toss the chicken thigh (this can also be done with chicken breast) in the flour  




Splash some olive oil a frying pan.
 Once it's hot, place the chicken in the pan and add thyme and some pepper.


Add the lemon juice and the soy sauce and for it to sizzle around the chicken.  Turn the chicken over.

enjoy the sticky and tender deliciousness



1 comment:

  1. i want to make this! i love your blog abi :)

    ReplyDelete